The Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum is pleased to share with you a number of historical railroad maps and files. These maps and files show the history of railroading in North Judson and other areas across Indiana in PDF form. You will need Adobe Reader or a similar PDF program in order to view these files.
- C&O Map of LaCrosse, Indiana
- A Chesapeake & Ohio map showing the arrangement of tracks in LaCrosse, Indiana. Also shows the Pere Marquette, Chicago, Attica & Southern, Monon and Pennsylvania railroads in town.
- C&O of Indiana Valuation Map
- A Chesapeake & Ohio of Indiana valuation map showing the route in Indiana and the various construction dates along the line.
- North Judson Interlocking Plans
- A Pennsylvania Railroad interlocking diagram showing the PRR along with the New York Central, Erie and Chesapeake & Ohio lines in North Judson.
- NYC Map of the Kankakee Belt Route
- A map from the New York Central showing the town and cities along the Kankakee Belt Route between South Bend, Indiana and Streater, Illinois.
- Plat Map of North Judson, Indiana
- Shows all of the various railroads in North Judson and their track arrangements.
- 3I Timetable from 1898
- Timetable pages from 1898 showing the trains and a map of the Indiana, Illinois & Iowa Railroad.
- C&O Employee Timetable (Chicago-Cincinnati Division)
- A partial Chesapeake & Ohio employee timetable from 1966 showing the Chicago to Cincinnati portion of the railroad. Shows the timetable pages from the Cincinnati, Cheviot, Miami, and Wabash Subdivisions. Also has a map of the C&O route from Cincinnati to Chicago.
- Cincinnati, Richmond & Muncie Railroad Timetable
- Employee timetable pages from 1902 showing the Cincinnati, Richmond and Muncie Railroad between Cincinnati and North Judson. The CR&M was a predecessor of the C&O of Indiana. The cover shows that the line offered "Fine Equipment, Good Service, Low Rates".
- PRR Southland/South Wind Schedule and Map
- Brochure showing the schedule of the Pennsylvania Railroad's Southland and South Wind passenger trains between Chicago, Indianapolis and Florida. There's also a map showing the railroad stations in Chicago.
- Big Boy Not the Biggest
- Article from the April 1980 issue of the NMRA Bulletin. Shows a number of large steam locomotives including the PRR Duplex locomotives, the C&O's 2-6-6-6 Allegheny and others.
- PRR North Judson Depot
- Shows the Pennsylvania Railroad's North Judson depot and the history of the route through town.
- The Original Fan-Tour via Pennsylvania Railroad
- An excursion that took place on April 16, 1939, over the Pennsylvania Railroad. The fan trip ran from Chicago to Logansport, Indiana, over the Panhandle Route, then up the Butler branch to Columbia City, Indiana. Then it ran over the PRR's Pittsburgh mainline to Fort Wayne before returning to Chicago. Here's a run-down of the trip, which interestingly shows the population of North Judson at 1,535 people.
Other Railroad Documents
- Erie Lackawanna Marion Division Station List
- List of stations along the Erie Lackawanna on the Marion Division from Marion, Ohio, to Hammond, Indiana. Also shows stations from Hammond to Dearborn Station in Chicago and interchange points in Chicago.